Models of Care Delivery
The SE Research Centre is focused on innovative solutions to health care delivery across the care continuum to support the health and social care system in more effectively and efficiently responding to the needs of challenging and high priority disease groups and patient populations. The following are some of the specific topic areas we are actively exploring in this field:
- Adapting clinical best practice guidelines
- Integrated patient assessment methods
- Models of dementia care
- ALC diversion/Restorative Care/ Community Reactivation
- Care transition models
- Virtual care/ support programs
- Health coaching/ behaviour change
- Remote Patient Monitoring
- Home care/primary care/ community support services integration
- Hospitality models of seniors care
Why Models of Care Delivery?
Most qualitative health services research on new models of care is either highly theoretical in nature, and/or presents a small snapshot of outcomes and impacts based on pilot projects and program evaluation. Truly innovative models of care delivery, require future-focused thinking and research involvement from the design stage, through delivery and evaluation. By partnering with system users including patients, families, health care providers and our colleagues in innovation, business and operations at SE Health and beyond, we see an opportunity to co-create more innovative solutions to deliver effective, efficient and high quality person- and family-centred care.