Aging in Society
Research on the Run-Project Summaries
- Co-designed tools for strong partnerships with caregivers, people with dementia, and care providers
- Person and Family Centred Care: Bringing person and family centred care to life
Project summary -- available here.
- Giosa J, Holyoke P. Caregiving is not a disease: Moving from reactive to proactive supports for family caregivers across the health care system. Healthcare Quarterly. 2014;17(3):36-41. Abstract available here.
- Ploeg J, Markle-Reid M, Davies B, Higuchi K, Gifford W, Bajnok I, McConnell H, Plenderleith J, Foster S, Bookey-Bassett S. Spreading and sustaining best practices for home care of older adults: a grounded theory study. Implementation Science. 2014;9:162.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like a copy of the conference presentations.
- Giosa J, Stolee P, Byrne K, Meyer S, Holyoke P. Co-designing a framework for integrated home care planning with older adults, their caregivers, and health care providers. Panel presentation at ICIC18 – 18th International Conference on Integrated Care; Utrecht, Netherlands; May 23-25, 2018.
- Saari, M. Identifying Patterns of Home and Community-Based Service Utilization for Ontario Seniors with Dementia. Poster presentation at 2018 Canadian InterRAI Conference; Calgary, AB; May 14-17, 2018.
- Saari M, Wailewski M, Holyoke P, Giosa J. Developing a research-informed organizational model for dementia care in a learning healthcare system. Oral presentation at CHSPR 2018 30th Annual Health Policy Conference; Vancouver, BC; March 8-9, 2017.
- Bender D, Rizzi K. Eight foundational principles of meaningful resident and family engagement. World Café at Ontario Long Term Care Association OLTCA) This is Long Term Care 2017; Toronto, ON; November 27-29, 2017.
- Bender D, Lui KY. Community engagement 2.0: Eight enablers of meaningful engagement. Bruyerecare –International Conference on Humanizing Health Care: Enhancing Lives. Transforming Care; Ottawa, ON; October 19-20, 2017.
- Bender D, Miller K. Community engagement 2.0: Eight enablers of meaningful engagement. Workshop presented at 2017 OCSA Conference: From Roadmap to Reality: Navigating Change Together; Markham, ON; October 18-19, 2017.
- Bender D, Stuart N. Triumphs and challenges on the journey to PFCC in long-term care and community settings. Panel Presentation at Canadian Association on Gerontology (CAG) 2016 Fostering Innovation in Research on Aging; Montreal QC; October 20-22, 2016.
- Bender D. Bringing Person and Family-Centred Care Alive in Home, Community and Long-term Care settings. Oral presentation at Health Quality Transformation; Toronto, ON; October 20, 2016.
- Bender D, Holyoke P. Designing a Person and Family-Centred Care Community of Practice. Poster presentation at Ontario Community Support Association 2016 Conference Prepare, Adapt, Thrive; Markham, ON; October 18-19, 2016.
- Lefebre N, Tudge S. What do Canadians really know about home care?: Insights into Canadian’s understanding of home care services, providers and funding. Oral presentation at 2015 Canadian Home Care Summit; Ottawa, ON; November 8-10, 2015.
- Holyoke P, Giosa J, Bender D. Making the Culture Shift to Person-Centred Care in Community Settings. CAG2015 44th Annual Scientific and Educational Meeting: From Possibility to Practice in Aging: Shaping a Future For All; Calgary, Alberta; October 23-25, 2015.
- Miller K, Bender D. Bringing Person- and Family-Centred Care to Life in Home, Community and LTC OCSA 2015 Annual Conference Leading the Shift: The Power of Thinking Differently; Markham, ON; October 21-22, 2015.
- Miller K, Bender D. Bringing Person- and Family-Centred Care to Life in Home, Community and LTC. PSNO PSW Conference; Markham, ON; October 20, 2015.
- Bender D, Giosa J, Majumder S. Making the Culture Shift to Person-Centred Care in Community Settings. 3rd Annual National Patient Experience Summit; Toronto, ON; September 30-October 1, 2015.
Brookman C, Holyoke P, Toscan J, Bender D, Tapping B. Promising practices and indicators for caregiver education and support programs. 2011. Available here.
One page summary of final report -- available here.
Guide to the promising practices and indicators for caregiver education and support programs -- available here.
Technical appendix -- available here.
Website -- www.CaringforCaregivers.ca